Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Heart

I just want to share a little bit I am thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day. I am thankful for God and that he sent His son, Jesus, to save me from an eternity apart from Him. I am thankful that despite all my mess-ups He still desires to be with me. I am thankful for His love and provisions. I am thankful that He seeks me even when I am not seeking Him.

I am thankful for a husband that works hard to provide for us. I am thankful for a husband who is my best friend, and loves me in spite of me. I am thankful that he has seen me be at my ugliest (I don't mean physical appearance) and he still loves me. I am thankful that God picked him for me.

I am thankful for a son who is healthy and happy. I am thankful that God has entrusted him to me for our time here on Earth. I am thankful that he is full of life and wonder. I am thankful that I get to see the world through his eyes, and that is an amazing view. I am thankful that if you ask him (as I just did) what he is thankful for he will say, "my daddy." That melts my heart.

I am thankful for my family. They are so loving and kind. I am thankful that my mom had Thanksgiving a day early for us because Josh had to work today. I am thankful that my brother and extended family celebrated with us a day early.

I am thankful for my in-laws. I am so blessed to have them. They are second parents to me, and I value their opinions as much as I do my own parents.

I am thankful for my friends. I love that some days when I need to talk to someone or want to share a laugh, and I look through my contacts I don't know who to call first.

I am thankful for a church family that we are becoming a part of at Burnt Hickory. I am thankful for a church where Hudson can grow and be challenged. I am thankful for a pastor and church family that care about our family and our son.

Today, my heart is thankful. Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

that is a list of things to be thankful for! :-)