Monday, October 27, 2008
So, Allison "tagged" me in her blog and now I think am supposed to post 7 things about myself you might not know or realize...here goes:
1. I really want to be a cow farmer...really. I want a huge pasture dotted with cows. I think it's so pretty!
2. I love jeeps...all jeeps...and I think if you're a big dork but you're driving a jeep, you're immediately COOL.
3. Mexican food is by far my favorite, but the thought of going to Mexico really scares me!!! However, (thank you Jana) "If God is for you, who can be against you?"
4. Speaking of foreign travel, I really want to go to Greece.
5. I am a peace keeper, and I cannot stand when anyone is upset with me.
6. I love planning parties and everything that goes with that...even if it's for a 2 year old who won't remember. :)
7. I joined the gym in August, and I LOVE working out as long as I'm taking a group class...I have ZERO motivation to do anything on my own in a gym!
Now I have to "tag" 7 more people to do the same thing on their blog, right?
So I tag:
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I joined the gym in August, and Hudson goes with me and stays in the nursery there. The anxiety has been getting much better over the last 5-6 months. There have been a few times they've had to page me at the gym to come and get him, but it hasn't been often. Taking him there 3-4 times a week along with church nursery on Sunday mornings has been really good for him. I watch him through the mirror/window at the gym and although he cries when I leave he usually stops within 2-3 minutes or even less! I don't want him to be sad and upset the whole time I'm gone, but it does make me feel good to know that he would rather be with me than anyone else.
Not even one tear. His little lip quivered a little bit, but he fought the tears and went over to the slide and started playing. I am really happy that he finally understands that I will ALWAYS come back to get him, but I did feel like a bit of air was let out of my balloon.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Burt's Farm 2007
(My how he's grown!)
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Josh and Hudson in the maze.
The petting zoo.
They then tried to climb back up for another slide...but they only made it about half way. :)
Saturday, October 11, 2008
I can't help but wonder if this is how we do with God. We rely heavily on him when things are going wrong and we need help. Yet, as soon as things start looking slightly better we try to "take over" again. Only to crash yet again instead of continuing to rely on God and His strength. I bet as much as God hates to see us go through hard times, He probably loves the cuddle time it brings.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
Friday, October 10, 2008
Hudson takes a Parent/Tot tumble class at Douglas County Dance and Gymnastics Academy. He LOVES going, and he does really well. Last Monday was Skill Evaluation day. Pretty funny for the toddler class, but they all did GREAT! They even got a certificate! Hudson was so proud. It was a treat too because normally just he and I go, but last Monday Daddy came AND Grandmama. He showed off EXTRA for the special guests he had. :) And since he wants to be in the Olympics one day (in gymnastics according to him) we figured we get a head start. Ha ha. I wonder when Michael Phelps began swimming....hmmmm?