Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sick Baby

I've got a sick baby this weekend. He started running a fever on Wednesday. I hate that he's sick, but it means a lot of mommy Hudson cuddle time, which I love, because he just wants me to hold him when he doesn't feel good. He's been getting Tylenol for the fever since Wednesday, and when it begins working he thinks he is all better. Thursday the Tylenol made him feel pretty good, so he started playing like he was ALL better only to crash around lunch time because he'd overdone it.

I can't help but wonder if this is how we do with God. We rely heavily on him when things are going wrong and we need help. Yet, as soon as things start looking slightly better we try to "take over" again. Only to crash yet again instead of continuing to rely on God and His strength. I bet as much as God hates to see us go through hard times, He probably loves the cuddle time it brings.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

No comments: