Saturday, October 18, 2008

Apples and Pumpkins

Burt's Farm 2008

We started our Saturday in Ellijay for the Apple Festival. This was a special treat for me because I've often told Josh of fond childhood memories I have of going to Apple Day in Paintsville, KY, where my mom and dad are from. I LOVED Apple Day, and so when Josh heard about the Apple Festival in Ellijay he changed our plan of just going to Dawsonville to now include a stop in Ellijay. He reminds me often why I fell in love with him!
We got there around 10 AM and watched the parade go through downtown. Hudson got lots of candy and loved it! Then we walked around the arts and crafts booths. We ate gyros for lunch followed by some yummy apple dumplings. After browsing the arts and crafts, we headed to Burt's Farm. We decided last year that we loved that place so much it would be an annual trip for us. Here is the slideshow from our day. I've also included some pictures from last year's trip to Burt's Farm. What a difference a year makes!!!! I love that we have these memories, and hope we are able to go every year while Hudson is growing up.






Burt's Farm 2007

(My how he's grown!)





1 comment:

amanda said...

Love the pictures and the music! He's grown up so much. Yes, I was in a picture or 2 but wasn't happy with them so I didn't post those. ;)