Saturday, June 4, 2011

7 Years...

Seen years ago today my dad woke me up in Honolulu, Hawaii. I was on vacation with mom, Dylan, and Joshua, who had proposed on Monday night 4 days earlier. Joshua tells me that we are getting married that day! He had gone to my mom {pre-trip} and asked for her help in pulling off a surprise wedding in Hawaii. {I had told him before we went that we should just get married over there...he told me he didn't want to do that.} So we ate a big breakfast and dad drove us over to get our marriage license. Then the guys went to the Hilton Hawaiian village to get ready while mom and I had our hair and make-up done at the condo. My dress and shoes had been shipped over before we left Georgia by my mom, and they were perfect for a Hawaiian beach wedding! Then the photographer arrived and took pictures from mid morning until sunset. The videographer was there almost as long. At 4 o'clock my dad walked me down the aisle to marry my best friend. It was my fairy tale, and the best day! We had fun getting married! It was so relaxed and calm, and perfect for me. I would have gone crazy and driven those around me crazy had I had to plan a wedding. :)

I love Joshua more today than I did seven years ago! He is a great man, husband, and daddy to our boys. He is my best friend, and I am so blessed! I laugh now looking back at other relationships and what I thought should be my Prince Charming because God exceeded all my expectations with Joshua. Happy Anniversary!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: