Friday, October 21, 2011

Bless His Heart

This is what I have heard all week because my sweet Kendan got an ambulance ride to Scottish Rite. :( He had a cough, and it was keeping him up at night. But I took him to the pediatrician because I thought he had an ear infection, and I hoped that they would give him meds to clear it up and in the process his cough would get better. Dr. Levine, whom we love, was very thorough with him. She told me he was wheezing, his O2 levels were low, and his chest was really tight. Kendan was having to work really hard to breathe, but by looking at him you would have never known. Dr. Levine even said the same thing. He wasn't running a fever; he was playing and acting normal (other than the cough). She called an ambulance because eventually toddlers will tire of working that hard to breathe, and we didn't want to take any chances on the way. He was seen at Children's and got a chest x-ray done. Turns out he has a bad ear infection and pneumonia in his right lung. Possible that he aspirated when he was throwing up last weekend. :( He is on a strong antibiotic, steroids, and a breathing treatment. He is feeling much better today.

God was watching over our boy last Wednesday! It scares me to think about what would have happened if I hadn't taken him in for a check up thinking he had an ear infection. I am in awe of how God shows His hand in our lives! And I thank God for Kendan's awesome pediatrician!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments: