Tuesday, January 27, 2009

This one's for Missy...and whoever else.

This one is one of my favorites. It's not like I ever had growing up, but it's so good. At least I think so. :-) I also think I like it because I usually have most of the ingredients.

Beef Stroganoff
  • 2lbs round steak
  • 2 T brown sugar
  • 1 medium onion
  • mushrooms
  • 1 T mustard
  • 1 can condensed tomato soup
  • 1/2 pint sour cream
  • dash of worcestershire
  • salt & pepper to taste

Sautee onions (chopped in thin slices) until brown. Slice beef into strips. Remove onions from pan. Brown beef on all sides. Add onions back in pan. Add brown sugar, mustard, tomato soup, sour cream, worcestershire, mushrooms, salt & pepper. Simmer covered for 1 hour. Serve over rice or noodles.

I get a lot of recipes from Kraft's Food & Family magazine. You can go to www.kraftfoods.com and sign up for their magazine. Most of the recipes are good, and usually easy with common ingredients.

No comments: